Sunday, August 19, 2007

we've been up to...

Hey everyone! Sorry we haven't posted any recent pics lately. Time has a way of getting away from us! We have had a great couple of weeks- we're all feeling 100% better from the colds (PRAISE THE LORD!) and our schedules are filling up! It's great to be busy again. MOPS has begun and is a great lifeline for me as a stay-at-home Mom! Of course the biggest challenge is getting all four of us gals out the door and to the church by 9:00am every other week! But the time of fellowship and encouragement is a huge blessing to me so I make the effort! (Did I mention that the girls go to the church nursery so I can get a break? ;)
Our dear friend, Will (or "Razz" as some of you know him) came through town yesterday and spend the night with us. That was so great to see him and catch-up with him! The girls just loved him right away- he has "the knack" with kids! We all went out to eat at Chili's for dinner and Claire slept in her carseat the whole time while Emily and Taylor played at the table and the guys had a chance to talk shop. It was fun for all of us to get out of the house and enjoy time with Will!
Seeing our friends from our Oki days only makes us homesick, though! We spend the evening looking through our albums of our almost five years overseas and we went to bed so longing for that place again!
Chris is getting ready to leave for Ft. Rucker again. He'll do the dunker first (swim training I guess) and then he'll stay down there for SEAR school (I think that's what it's called). I think we might all go down with him for the dunker part and to go to the beach before summer ends. The girls (and Mom) would love that! Then we'll head back up here without Daddy and he'll be home third week in September.
I just talked with my Gramma Beth today and she and Ed are planning to visit in September. I'm looking forward to that! Remember we have a guest room available if anyone wants (dares) to stop by our crazy house! You are MORE than welcome!
We'll be in quite the routine this fall, since I have bible study on Tuesdays, church on Wednesdays, MOPS on Thursdays, and small group on Fridays~ of course not every single week is that full, but at least I have things to do with my kids!
God is good and we feel blessed all the time!
Enjoy the pics!!!!






No comments: