Saturday, August 25, 2007

Aaaahhhh.....

Hey everyone! Life is good! Below are some recent pics of Claire (so big already going on 7 weeks!) and our friends that stopped in for a visit. Talk about Mommy brain! It's kind of a funny story and I wonder if anyone else can relate... Jackie, my dear friend from college, and her husband, Michael, were on their way to Birmingham and planned to stop and stay the night with us en route. I had it on my calendar and everything! Wednesday night we went to church, then took the kids to the playground so they could burn some energy and we stayed until after 8:00pm! Then we went home, gave the girls a bath, and put them to bed. The house was trashed, we were both exhausted, and Zoe needed a walk! Chris left to take Zoe out and I checked my email to see if Jackie had written to tell me what time they'd be arriving the next evening when SUDDENLY there was a knock, knock, knock on my front door and I thought it might be a neighbor stopping by... lo and behold it was Jackie and Michael! I felt so completely unprepared and shocked!!!! But I was also soooo happy to see my old friend! Jackie is the dear sweet soul that ministered to me when I was a lost soul still and gave me the book that ultimately led to my salvation, "A Severe Mercy," and then "Mere Christianity." Anyway, we stayed up until almost 2am catching up and getting to know Michael. It was a great time (even if I payed for it the next day!!!!) :) So that's Jackie and Michael in the picture with me, she's pregnant with their first child (a girl) and due in October!
You know what I think is so funny? The trends right now are so maternity looking! Here I just spent the last six months in the same old maternity outfits and now that I'm finally NOT pregnant- that's the look that everyone is wearing! It's hilarious! At least I get to hide those extra 13 pounds!!!!! :)
Well I am babbling now.
We're doing great, and Jackie and Michael are actually coming back through on Monday afternoon and I promise to be ready this time!!!!!
Chris will be leaving Tuesday for Ft. Rucker. I'm bracing myself for the separation anxiety! Just kidding. I'm just trying to fill my schedule with fun things to do so we don't go crazy!!!
Love all around-
Carrie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You only have an extra 13?!!?? WOW. Go girl. I'm impressed!!! Love you guys, Jen